jueves, 8 de diciembre de 2016

INTERVIEW WITH MARTIN LUTHER.

  1. Everyone is wondering how an "insignificant" priest dares to face the power of the catholic church. What do you have to say?                                                                                    Well; maybe I´m insignificant for the church, which only cares about itself, but I´m sure that God appreciates and values me.                                                                                                  I felt like I had something to do against this shameful situation, I couldn´t just sit down and see how things happen; NO, I stepped forward and started to "fight".
  2. Which was the trigger that prompted you to write your thesis?                                       The trigger that started this rebellion was the sale of papal indulgences.
  3. As you can see, your revolution has caused lots of bloody conflicts and wars between both parts. Did you expect such a stir? What would you say to those who are killing each other in the name of God?                                                                                                         That was not my intention. I just wanted people and also the church to see that this was not the correct road to live the faith. To live a life full of lust and sin and pretend to reach God´s kingdom with a wetpaper is just squalid.                                                                                I didn´t expect it, obviously, but I´m glad to see that people have common sense, that they won´t trust in Curch anymore. Nevertheless, I don´t want to see how brothers die in the name of God.
  4. Do you think this religious separation will last forever? Or there will be a day in which both sides embrace respect and unity?                                                                             In my opinion, this religious separation will last, I don´t know if it will be forever, but it will last a lot of time. Many people would say: Why don´t you get reunited?; and I would reply that it is not just a matter of indulgences and that stuff, it is a matter of deep faith. Me and them (Catholic Church) believe in the same God, but we have different ways of living the faith, as I said before. So, summarizing, this will continue to be the same for a lot of time.
  5. Nowadays, the situation has changed. In the 500th aniversary of your thesis, the Pope will go to the Protestan countries to establish stronger communications with them. Which is your opinion about this?                                                                                                    I prefer words rather than swords, so I see this attempts of establishing stronger communications with good eyes. Nevertheless, as I said in the last question, this separation will last and kind words won´t end with it.
  6. Do you think chritianism was predestined to create divisions between its believers?          I think christianism represents love, respect and unity; but as years go by, this perception has changed. Now, for me, christianism only represents greed and corruption. For that reason, rebellions and divisions have had the indomitable need to occur. 
  7. In your opinion, which role women should have in the church?                                         In regard with religion, women are as important as men, but we are different. This means that women haven´t got the same characteristics that men have, so the role women should play wouldn´t be the same as men. I do not agree with the extended idea that says women must be a mother of a big family or a nun.
  8. Have you ever met John Calvin?                                                                                     No, I haven´t had such a pleasure.
  9. Which word would you use to summarize religion and faith?                                            LOVE. Love between you and God. That´s all.

1 comentario: